Deris is a one-stop shop for life sciences IP service in Turkey. We have a strong life sciences advisory and litigation team for assisting the clients before the Regulatory and Judicial Bodies as well as the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office.
The team is comprised of specialized litigators, IP Attorneys and technical experts qualified as national and European patent attorneys under one umbrella. The technical experts besides having scientific background have a deep understanding of the life sciences sector as some of our experts have in-house experience in pharma companies.
This makes the firm’s service unique in combining longstanding litigation experience with the sophisticated prosecution and technical expertise. This combination also enables our team to provide strategic, technical, and commercial advice for transactions and litigation in life sciences. Consequently, our clients benefit by being able to evaluate pitfalls in the transactional or enforcement strategy sought to give the desired business result.
The team prides itself to handle the first action on behalf of a market leader pharma company, for declaration of non-infringement in Turkey in pharma, with successful outcome which constituted a precedent stating that such type of actions cannot be filed against pending patent applications.
The team has also been entrusted with mostly multi-jurisdictional complex life sciences and pharma disputes concerning the second medical use, biotech, medical device and agro-chemicals. The Deris team has established an outstanding history of handling patent disputes of the highest technical complexity and impact on the life sciences sector.
- All types of IP Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (settlement negotiations, mediation, and arbitration)
- IP enforcement programs
- IP Enforcement before Customs, and border detention programs
- Due diligence
- Freedom to Operate (FTO)
- Post Grant Oppositions / Oppositions before the Office
- Objections/appeals before the Higher Council Re-examination and Evaluation
- Market investigations
- All type of IP contracts (licenses, assignments, letters of consent, and co-existence)
- Filing and registration strategy
- IP portfolio analysis and management services
- Availability search and registration opinions
- Recording changes of status (assignments, mergers, trade names, addresses etc.)
- Maintenance and renewal