Deris has one of the largest trademark litigation teams in Turkey. This expert team is qualified to act before Courts for all instances for cases such as infringement, invalidity, cancellation, declaration of non-infringement, and unfair competition. Further, the team has years of experience in taking cases against the decisions made by the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office.
The trademark litigation team has obtained precedent-setting court decisions which constitute well-recognized milestones in trademark law regarding the likelihood of confusion, the highest compensation award in any trademark-license infringement dispute, well-known trademark protection, 3D trademarks, and even the enforcement of per se color trademarks.
One great advantage for the team is that it is supported by trademark attorneys. This support makes the firm’s service unique in combining extensive litigation experience with premium prosecution expertise. This synergy of knowledge and experience enables the litigation team to foresee pitfalls in advance. Thus, both strategic and commercial solutions in enforcing the trademark rights can be offered.
- All types of IP Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (settlement negotiations, mediation, and arbitration)
- IP enforcement programs
- IP Enforcement before Customs, and border detention programs
- Due diligence
- All type of IP contracts (licenses, assignments, letters of consent, and co-existence)
- Filing and registration strategy and proceedings
- Portfolio management services
- Opposition against conflicting third-party applications
- Objections to Turkish Patent and Trademarks Office decisions
- Availability search and registration opinions
- Watch services
- Recordal of changes of status (assignments, mergers, trade names, addresses etc.)
- Maintenance and renewals