Severe Measures Against Counterfeits Related to Covid-19 Outbreak
Security Forces enforce public health orders to fight against the counterfeit, unauthorized, unhealthy disinfectants, colognes, masks and sanitary products produced and sold due to COVID-19 pandemic
Recently, Anti-Smuggling and Anti-Organised Crime Teams of Security General Directorate and Gendarmerie General Command affiliated to the Turkish Ministry of Internal Affairs conducted ex-officio operations in Turkey against the unauthorized producers and sellers who try to take unfair advantage of the public’s rising needs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The determination of the premises, raids and seizure of counterfeit/harmful products are conducted by Security Forces during these operations.
Raids conducted in different cities are recently published at the following news in Turkey:
- 288 operations were organized in 65 provinces by the Ministry of Internal Affairs against the producers of counterfeit, unauthorized, unhealthy disinfectants, colognes, masks and sanitary products according to the published news on April 09, 2020. During these operations, 462 people were arrested and actions have been taken against 192 of them based on the criminal provisions of the Turkish IP Code and/or the Turkish Criminal Law due to putting public health in danger and causing to the increase of the price of sanitary products in the market.
Number of seized products are as follows;
- 5.925.108 pcs. masks,
- 57.616 meter and 15 roll of mask fabric,
- 149.305 pcs. gloves,
- 3.205 pcs. coveralls,
- 32.749 kg chemical substance,
- 469.435 pcs. disinfectants,
- 38.342-liter alcohol,
- 18.475 bottle cologne,
- 3 pcs. manufacturing machines,
- 56.687 pcs. empty bottles,
- 302-liter essence,
- 427.000 pcs. labels,
- 37.750 pcs. serum caps,
- 32 rolls of ropes,