Asli is an experienced intellectual property lawyer, who represents clients in trademark, designs, patents, copyright and unfair competition disputes before Turkish courts. She is involved in anti-counterfeiting projects, domain name disputes, notice and takedown proceedings along with the recordal and enforcement of intellectual property rights before the Customs and other administrative authorities.
Experience / Highlights
- Handled anti-counterfeiting programs for industry-leading luxury brands
- Represented high profile companies on proof use of a trademark and non-use defenses before Turkish courts
- Represents an international e-commerce firm for brand enforcement issues against the locally known competitor.
- An Examination on the Relationship between Copyright and Freedom of Expression within the European Union, AIPPI Magazine, 2017
Marmara University, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
University of Turin, LL.M. –Dissertation: “Limitations and Exceptions to Copyright Law, within the Scope of Parody Exception and Fair Use”
Admissions and Memberships
- Istanbul Bar Association since 2011
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Turkish National Group of AIPPI (member of the Copyright Committee)