Nükhet Serra Coral
Founding and Managing Partner of Deris, Serra has implemented a number of progressive litigious strategies that have brought significant advancement to intellectual property practices. After qualifying, Serra was involved with the introduction of new Decree-Laws and trademark opposition, and later with the establishment and representation of Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications in Turkey.
A fluent French and English speaker, Serra is regarded as an international and local expert in the establishment of industrial and IP rights for companies. She also has significant experience in the granting and tracking of licenses. An active litigator in numerous fields including IT law media, advertising, competition and telecommunication, Serra advises renowned brands in the food and beverage, consumer goods and luxury goods sectors. In addition to providing counsel on protection, enforcement, and anti-counterfeiting strategies, Serra has been recognized for her experience and expertise in filing strategies, genericness, litigation and anti-counterfeiting programmes.
Contributions / Highlights
- Contributor to principles of landmark court decision regarding unfair competition and trademark protection, published in INTA’s Annual Review
- Led resolution of notable consumer brand cases for anti-counterfeiting and customs representation with multi-jurisdictional conflicts associated with trademarks and patents
- Supported a highly publicised programme to raise awareness of image rights in media and entertainment law
- Implemented a balanced scorecard system, integrating client satisfaction with process and productivity
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member of the Istanbul Bar Association
- Chartered Trademark Attorney, Turkish Patent and Trademark Office (T.P.T.O.)
- Chartered Patent Attorney, Turkish Patent and Trademark Office (T.P.T.O.)
- European Patent Attorney
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)